Sunday, October 31, 2004

... too cream-crackered to think of a title ...

Among other reasons for fatigue, is the fact that I lost an hour of sleep last night -- stinking daylight savings time, its not fun for that first twenty-four hours.

Good day, yesterday. An eight and a half hour shift at Borders, capped at either end by catch ups with old friends. Before work I met up with Lisa, a mate from my days as a desk bitch (read: receptionist) at MotorOne. We brunched at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I had a giant iced latte and we talked of our respective jobs, My replacement at M1 (Lise discovered this girl was sending nasty emails about her from her work 'puter); our plans for further study and the future; dance classes and bad blind dates (hers); trips to Miami (mine) and other girl stuff.

Then I went to work.

After close at Borders I joined the old gang from high school who were winding up an arvo of bowling with dessert at the Pancake Parlour. I got home at midnight (now 1AM), pigged out on pasta and went to bed, woke up, repeated (the work part, anyway).

I'm at Uni now, half-arsedly studying for Tuesday's Politics exam. All I can think about is the stench of feet creeping up from under the computer desks, thanks to someone who doesn't have the good grace to wear shoes. Urgh. I think I might head home and check out Aussie Idol.

Exams, schmazams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home